Categorized | Uncategorized

Tags : , , , ,

Hank Williams Jr. New Song Praises John McCain

Posted on 15 October 2008

Country star Hank Williams Jr. has penned a tune for Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin called ”McCain-Palin Tradition.”

Williams managed to get in the McCain campaign’s talking points that Obama has ”terrorist friends .” He also squeezed into the lyrics another Republican message, that the Democrats caused the financial meltdown by pressuring bankers to give loans to helpless bankers.

That’s what you call some good old, down home poetic license.

(Hank Williams, Jr., sings on stage before Republican presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain his vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, spoke at a rally at the Virginia Beach Convention Center, Monday, Oct. 13, 2008. AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

McCain – Palin Tradition
By Hank Williams Jr.

The left wing liberal media have
Always been a real close knit family
But, most of the American People
Don’t believe em anyway ya see
Stop and think it over
Before you make your decision
If they smell something
They’re gonna come down strong
It’s a McCain – Palin tradition

Now this old Union’s got problems
That is plain to see
The Democrats bankrupted Fannie Mae N Freddie Mac
Just like 1, 2, 3
The bankers didn’t want to make all those bad loans,
But Bill Clinton said you got to
Now they want a bail out, what I’m talking about
Is a Democrat liberal who doo

CHORUS

John N Sarah tell ya
Just what they think
And they’re not gonna blink
They don’t have terrorist friends
To whom their careers are linked
Yes, John is his own man
And Sarah fixed Alaska’s broken condition
They’re gonna go just fine
We’re headed for better times
It’s a McCain – Palin tradition

I am very proud of our country’s name
But no society is perfect
And we have had our stains
If I’m down at the coffee shop and
Somebody starts to give our flag friction
We say please move on
Cause we’re standing strong
That’s an old John McCain tradition

CHORUS

John N Sarah tell ya
Just what they think
And they’re not gonna blink
And they’re gonna fix this country
Cause they’re just like you N ole Hank
Yes John is a maverick
And Sarah fixed Alaska’s broken condition
They’re gonna go just fine
We’re headed for better times
It’s a McCain – Palin tradition

Some are bound to tell you I’m
Preaching to the choir
And that is very true
And we are going even higher
Like a mama bear in Idaho
She’ll protect your family’s condition
If you mess with her cubs
She’s gonna take off the gloves
It’s an American female tradition

CHORUS

They all want to know Sarah
Why do you hunt
John why do you fish
How could she be so smart and savvy
Such a ‘hey good-lookin’ dish
Yes John is his own man
And Sarah fixed Alaska’s bad condition
They’re going to get it right
We’re going to see the light
It’s a McCain – Palin tradition

[tags]hank williams jr., patriot, john mccain, sarah palin, tradition[/tags]

41 Comments For This Post

1. Deborah Anderson says:

this is a great song. I have not heard it yet on radio or tv. Please start making cd’s. would love to have one and play it at the GOP RNC (republic national committee) thank you! Great song….

2. Country Safety First says:

This is awesome. True words…glad there is a respected star out there that has taken the time to write this. I DOES sum-up McCain-Palin. They don’t have any scary connections/friends/associates! We need to protect America above all else, MeCain is the only Presidental candidate who will do that. No one really Knows enough about the other candidate… and what we do know is pretty scary and is never boldly denied… just “fluffed” off, in all that smooth attorney talk.

3. Ed Serafin says:

This one of the best songs that i”ve heard. Hanks got it right that the Democracts Got us into this mess and McCain-Palin will get us out. The Democracts should hear this, of course Obama Republicans will call Hank a Racest.

4. Frances says:

It’s about time the Republican Celebrities spoke up for McCain & Palin, all those idiots in LA have really bashed them. They need to know that there are people willing to take a stand for what is right and for what our great men and women in the armed forces have sacrificed to keep our nation free. Thank You, Hank Jr. I love the song.

5. Rhonda Yeary says:

This song says it all! It was awsome! They really need to put this on CD and also on the radio…You go Hank Jr.!! “YEAH” for McCain & Palin If anyone can clean this mess up..we know they can!

6. Betty says:

Love it…..Love It…..Love it

7. Betty says:

I want a CD

8. Dave from Ruffsdale Pa says:

Thank you Hank for writing a great song,it speaks the truth.

9. Marsha says:

LOVE IT!!!! I hope this song comes out on a CD. Way too many people seem to think that “Wonder Boy” is going to make some changes. I can’t believe he has so many people who plan to vote for him!!
    John and Sarah we are with you all the way!! Good luck I certainly hope you win!! Yeah Hank, SUPER job!!!
    NOsama!!
    NObama !!
    NO Chelsea’s Momma!!!

10. Kindall says:

!!!!! AMEN!!!!!! Hank’s got it right again!! Country folk WILL survive!!
    Ebro Loves us you Hank!!

11. Brenda says:

Way to go!! Hank…. The media will not like this song as they are all
    for that democratic nominee….dont even want to type his name.. America
    better listen to the words of this song cause it is so true…. We have
    no clue what he is about but we do with McCain… We need more people like
    Hank to speak up and be heard!!!

12. tigger says:

Great! Leave it to Hank to tell it like it is!!!

13. Johnny & Phyllis says:

No one could say (sing) it better. We heard it on the Shawn Hannity Show on WSB Radio in Atlanta. Sure hope it is put on a CD, it will sell. Thanks Hank!

14. George S. says:

Way to go Hank!! I love it. Too bad we can’t get that on the nightly news!!

15. Tony FONTENOT says:

AMEN BROTHER. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !

16. Claudia says:

I really thought people were smart enough to not want 4 more years of Bush.
    I like Hank but I hate this song.
    I really dont think either man is right for the job but I also dont think Mccain is less of 2 evils.
    God help our Country

17. Herb says:

Sorry to see Bosephus doing this crap. I like his music as do lots of others who think his politics are WRONG.

18. Steve Musick says:

I think it’s about time more contry stars got back to the basics. Great job Jr.
    Your dad would be just as proud of you as we are. He would done the same.

19. Shar says:

Great Song!!!!!
    John & Sarah you are winners already!!
    God Bless America & keep her safe from “The Beast from the East”
    God Bless John & Sarah too!!

20. June Morgann says:

Love this song. Says it like it is!!! McCain isn’t Bush and disagrees with the right things which will make him the right choice for the next four years. I pray everyday for McCain and Palin to know the right things to say to open peoples eyes to the truth about Obama. Hell, I’m a democrat and I’m voting McCain/Palin!!

21. Gene says:

Well Hank Sr. will be proud of his son I’m about sure!….and for the couple people saying they like Hank Jr. but think he shouldn’t done this and that, I consider them to be A Fool Born A Minute class. Any supposed to be a human kind of this USA that would even consider voting for that Democrat individual who won’t place hand over heart for National Anthem is not a TRUE AMERICAN !!!! It has been said on a lots of sites that we will be on our knees bowing to Alah….hmmmmmmmm not this one!!!!!!!

22. shelia says:

mccain isn’t bush!for 1 mccain wont let the democratic liberal congress walk all over him and lose billions of americans money to companys like a.c.o.r.n (buddies obama’s) for example.

23. Mike Hadden says:

I couldn’t have written it better! Great Song!
    God Bless You and America

24. Robert Preaudx says:

PROUD TO BE WHITE

This is great. I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is. Proud to be White Michael Richards makes his point… Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point. This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points…

Someone finally said it… How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me ‘White boy,’ ‘Cracker,’ ‘Honkey,’ ‘Whitey,’ ‘Caveman’ … and that’s OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink … You call me a racist. You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you… so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma’uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET… If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we’d be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we’d be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to ‘advance’ OUR lives we’d be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships…You know we’d be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .

Yet if there were ‘White colleges’ That would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you’re not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud…But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail… Let’s see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don’t think many will. That’s why we have lost most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won’t stand up for ourselves ! BE PROUD TO BE WHITE ! It’s not a crime yet, but getting real close!

25. Denny Durand says:

This song gives me hope that we will still prevail inspite of the viciouis attacks by the left wing dominated media

26. a rodgers says:

excellent

27. Donna Schweitzer says:

I love this song,love Hank,love McCain/Palin,proud to be white too, agree totally with you Robert Preaudx!I Have spent my life wondering why we must walk on egg shells around Blacks,Hispanics,Muslims and every other nationality that has “Rights” we don’t have.The beauty padgent really gets me, why is there a Black Miss America? Are there 2 Americas, then lets say it, Miss White America?We’d be in court so fast our heads would spin! If we were being fair then why can’t a white girl run for Miss Black America?You made so many points I’ve been saying all my life,fianlly someone else “gets” it!

28. Bill Clay says:

As a Navy veteran I agree wholly with John Mc Cain. I get a bad feeling about OBAMA and his policy. I also would like to know where he got his financing from, especially for a fairly unknown. Good song and good lyrics. Thanks….Bill Clay

29. Heath and Miller says:

I like the original words better !

30. Ron Morris says:

Robert, I totally agree. Why are they (Blacks, Mexicans, Latinos etc.) allowed to be racist? Their own colleges etc. Beauty Pagents only for race.

Right now we have so much racism against whites and nobody has the balls to say anything. If they want equality then start practicing it. I have no respect for any race that allows this to continue.

Laws are in place to protect the rights of everyone. But there are no laws in place to stop the racism against whites in this country that allow this to continue.

IF a candidate doesn't respect our flag and is ok with things as they are then I can not vote for them. Black Orange or Purple.

Does this make me a racist? Hell no, I'm a victim of racism.

31. Donna Yarbrough says:

way to go hank,jr!!!!
    your dad would be proud!!
    I am so glad to finally hear someone from the country music industry stand up for our country!!!!
    Well done young man, well done!!!

32. LINDA says:

YOU DID A FINE JOB. I HOPE THIS GOES OUT FOR EVERYONE TO HEAR.

33. Jack Culberson says:

Great job! It’s way beyond time that our entertainment industry stood up to reveal the real truth behind our presidential candidate choices. Obama’s dealings with savory characters and outright terrorists is enough for me. Not the man for the job in my AMERICA! Vote McCain/Palin and if it were legal — the democrats do it regardless — vote often!

34. Marie of Alabama says:

Love it, Love it, Always have liked hank and his Dad.
    Hope we can buy it.

35. Marie of Alabama says:

Love i,t Love it, Always liked Hank and his Dad. Hope we can buy the tape..

36. MARY Ann says:

WHY isn’t this song being played on EVERY COUNTRY STATION? I love it…THANK YOU HANK for stepping up to the plate and shouting what every red blooded American wants the world to know…that we are PROUD of this country, and know what it takes to protect our FREEDOM! God bless you and GOD BLES US ALL IN TIMES AHEAD!

37. Betty says:

I thank this is great and we will leave you along andlet you all do what you want too. Let us do what we want to and don’t call us racist. I love the song. My family came across this country in cover wagons and to make a better life for their families and they had hard times too, so shut-up and work for what you believe. Fight too !!!!!!!

38. Ron says:

Love it!! Some how our country songs bring us back to our roots. Country Music makes us realize how basic our beliefs and existance are. Thank You Hank. Let’s hope we see John and Sarah in the White House for the next four years, at least. I hate to think of the alternative. Ron

39. Don says:

Love it!!!! I hope Hank is invited to the McCain/Palin campaign party on election night. Hank, you are a great singer and writer and I would love to be able to play keyboard for you if you ever get to central Texas and sing this song. Keep up the good work.

40. Bill says:

There is nothing wrong with being white and proud to be white if that is who you are.. But there is something wrong with having hatred for a whole group of people, who are not white, just because of the color of their skin. Racism is a sickness that is destructive to all of humanity, it threatens to return us all to the stone-age or worst.

41. Barbara says:

Recently read Michael Richards, “Proud to be White.” Shared it with friends of all colors as follows: I am not a racist, nor am I ashamed of being white. I have black friends, whom I love dearly, not because they are black but because they are truly wonderful people. I don’t choose my friends by the color of their skin, their religion, where they live, etc, but because of what they are inside. However, after reading Mr. Richards’ article, I do question why white people have,for at least the last 50+ years, been made to feel conflicted because we are white. Somehow we have taken on the yoke of guilt just for being white. Everyone should feel proud of who they are, not the color of their skin and not “prideful”, but as the scriptures read “love thy neighbor as thy self” because until you love yourself, you are unable to love others. LOVE THE SONG HANK! AND “AMEN” TO IT!